Monday, October 27, 2008

What's Your Reason?


Today, during a conversation with a fellow Bootcamper who hadn't been to class in a while, I was reminded of the many reason's women come to Camp, and I've heard a wide variety. From the young girl last spring who wanted a bigger booty ("Is that possible in just 4 weeks? Should I keep my bottom clenched at all times?"), to the future conscious women who come to shape-up in anticipation of a healthy pregnancy, there are a zillion reasons in between.

Speaking today with "T", she told me about her short term Bootcamp goal for the holiday season: to beat the boys in her family at a push-up contest come Christmas.

Now let me tell you, T's push-ups rock the Camp. She is a full-on champ of the powerhouse toe push-up, but after 4 weeks away from class, she was challenged out of the blue last weekend to a push-up contest by the guys in her family. She did good, they were impressed, SHE was impressed! Yet, T knows she can bring more, More , MORE (clenching fists in excitement). The rematch is coming up in a few weeks, scheduled around family carols and hot cider. Oh yeah, don't be fooled by the lovely lady nibbling a Christmas cookie by the fire- those boys better watch out!

And so, we discover that T comes to Camp in order to open up a can of surprise whoop a** on those pesky (God love 'em) older brother's. A real life goal worth playing for!

What would be your reason, your motivation, your INSPIRATION for joining us in the play?

Whatever your reason, whatever your goal, we hope to see you here :)

Kimae

1 comment:

  1. Without a doubt, my reason for returning to SWL has always been my fellow Booty Campers. Rain or shine, frost or mud, these incredible women are motivated to rise before the sun and meet their personal goals.

    This morning, in temperatures just above freezing, I arrived at Booty Camp to see many of the faces I saw in my first session (now over 8 months ago!). I felt an incredible sense of belonging and pride for these women.

    There is no such thing as a fair-weather Booty Camper. There are only inspirational Booty Campers!

    ReplyDelete