Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fitness Changes Seasons

Another incredible Summer season of Hooping It Out by the lake came to an end last week with end of session FitTesting!


For me, end of session testing is a morning of unsuppressed giddiness, and it's true, I've been known to get an excited case of the girlish squeals while conducting testing. A little out of line with the Bootcamp persona, but you gotta agree with me here, watching a woman nail down a 3+ minute Plank hold, outside, before 6am, is definitely squeal worthy! (big shout out to J&B and the "N" sisters for hitting an all time high!!).



At Camp, testing is not a competitive process- just a few minutes of specific, timed exercises performed as a group every 4 weeks. Like each day in our program, FitTesting is all about the personal challenge, the chance for each woman to build on yesterday's workout, raising the experience to a new level today.



My favorite part of testing is what comes after the fact: me in the office, blown away yet again as I calculate improved per minute averages for each member- amazing proof of the power of commitment and of the bodies quick response to effective exercise. Sharing this information during one-on-one consultations is the best part of my job! I hear "Wow!" during every conversation I have. These women know they have been working hard, can feel and see the changes in their bodies. The numbers simply affirm the experience!



It is such an honor to have so many of these strong, athletic women back at Camp in the returning member Drop-In Program, where they will focus on new goals for the next 4 weeks, just in time to test again.



Between now and then, I will try to contain the squealing, but I'm not promising anything :)



Hope to see you in the play!


Kimae

No comments:

Post a Comment